Welcome to the Proserpine Historical Museum, three-time winner of the Whitsunday Heritage and Cultural Tourism Award and a Queensland Tourism Judges Commendation. The museum has also been inducted into the Whitsunday Tourism Hall of Fame.
The Society aims to collect and preserve the history of the Whitsunday region and its associated communities. The museum houses an extensive collection of printed materials, photographs and artefacts relating to the history of the area, from its first inhabitants the Juru, Gia, Bira and Ngaro people, to the early European pioneers and the post war settlers. A small theatre screens a selection of DVDs on local topics and famous identities.
The Museum is managed and maintained entirely by volunteers.
- The newly-tuned Grand Theatre
piano is a long-awaited addition to
the foyer. It has already produced
some Happy Birthdays and
Looking for gifts?
The FOYER SHOP has:
- Locally crafted items for sale:
jewellery, soft toys, crocheted and
knitted items, bags, table runners,
- Beautiful Ashdene cups and trays
- Pre-loved Books, Magazines, CDs
December 2020 Issue 121
- Cool Palms (Mandalay)- Bruce Muller
- Arrival of Clam Shells
- Edith May Higbed's Journey to
- Faltinsky Saga by Dr John Maclean
- Pastor John Faltinsky comes to
- Pony Club is 60
- High School Shop 1960-1980s
- Mill town Music / Celebrating Peace
- Art works can tell a story
Like us on our Proserpine Museum Facebook page for more fascinating local history and photos.
with changed entry conditions for COVID-19
so we can be safe
Mon-Fri: 9am - 4pm
Closed Public Holidays
Other times available for groups of 10 or more by appointment
Proserpine QLD 4800
Tel: (07) 4945 3969
Facebook: Proserpine Museum